Saturday, January 9, 2010

Percy Street Barbeque

I posted pictures for this entry to be consistent, but to be honest, they really don't provide a great depiction of the food. That night at Percy Street, I ate the best BBQ of my life. In the November issue of Philly Magazine is a story about Michael Solomonov, Steve Cook and Erin O'Shea who went to Texas for 3 days and ate at 9 BBQ places. They opened Percy Street BBQ in Philly in November, and boy am I glad they did! It is nothing like I'm used used to - no sauce, just an overwhelming taste of SMOKE which I really loved. I was in BBQ heaven, absorbed by the smell and taste of authentic, smokey, Texas BBQ. I even had a dream about it. Not kidding.
P.S. Check out the 2 red smokers in the first picture (that's where they make miracles happen) and the 2nd picture shows the way Philly does BBQ (a chic picnic setting).





No comments:

Post a Comment