Sunday, October 25, 2009

Supper





We came to Supper because of the review in both Zagat and Philadelphia Magazine, but as we later found out, both reviews were over a year old. The chef and owner, Mitch Prensky, was nice enough to come over to my table once he saw me taking pictures and asking about the "tapas" brunch that I thought was still served (Philadelphia Magazine may have published last year's article instead). He was very nice and friendly, and his restaurant offers the same vibe. Now on to the food:

Supper Frittata: three egg frittata with tomatoes and bacon, served with potatoes and toast - By the looks of the picture, you're probably wondering where the eggs are: they are dried up and hiding in there. This isn't what I expect to see when I order a frittata; the potatoes should have been on the side, and the eggs a bit more moist.


Housemade Ricotta Blintzes with strawberry compote and sour cream - These were incredibly delicious: sweet, thin crepes, and a beautiful blend of strawberry, sour cream, and ricotta. It wasn't difficult for it to melt in my mouth. However, I was very disappointed with the portion size; for $13, I would have expected more.

No comments:

Post a Comment